Of course our job is to protect our kids and to avoid any disappointment through their life, but believe it or not there are some negative experiences that your kids needs to know-how to defend them selves and acquire personality having our love and support but to learn the hard work of learning as an adult in a future.
Many of these won’t happen to young kids but it’s a list worth saving.
1. Not being invited to a birthday party
2. The death of a pet
3. Breaking a valuable vase
4. Working hard on a paper and still getting a bad grade
5. Having a car break down away from home
6. Seeing the tree they planted die
7. Being told that a class or camp is full
8. Getting detention
9. Missing a TV show because they were helping mom
10. Being blamed for something they didn’t do
11. Having an event canceled because someone else misbehaved
12. Not making to a sport team
13. Coming in last at something
14. Being hit by another kid
15. Rejecting something they had been trained
16. Deeply regretting saying something they can’t take back
17. Not being invited when friends are going out
18. Being picked last for neighborhood kickball
Let’s try to help about our kids become self-sufficient.