Sounds strange and kind of weird but how having less could gradually or in a certain point of your life makes you feel relief or in a comfortable zone?
I would like to share this short history with you; probably will be a short experience based on the necessity as a family… How can we feel nostalgic of not to share a ride car with your family and talk about something since all these busy days in our schedule has also changed the ability to establish a conversation, to chat and to share you day’s experiences , or to chat about any future plans if we have some.
About a month ago my car was sold, an small compact car paid off, a little uncomfortable sometimes for my son and the family as well, eventually I would need another mode of transport since we are actually using only one car to transport our child to school and to go to each of our jobs, recently we found a good option in price and space but the car is not completely ready and is in the repair shop for some time actually.
Probably everything happened in this way since this year I wanted to be on a journey to simplify and down shift my lifestyle. I know it doesn’t sound easy but is some way we all can try it especially in physical possessions more than minimize in experiences.
The process to minimize needs to be in stages, do not try to liberate on everything at the same time, the purpose is to rid of things or change your mind about the things or possessions that your really don’t need.
Minimizing at some point make you to start to value the things you do have further. You’re rescued from the bargain-hunting compulsion and “shopping”, as you save money as well. At some point I feel free, I feel less stress and I have had the opportunity after some time to devote and commit as a family based on this present circumstances.
Simplicity can bring balance, freedom, and happiness. When we start to live a simply life we can experience those benefits, I am aware that is normal to need and hunger for certain material possessions. Here is a list of the 10 most important things to simplify in your life today to begin living a more balanced, joyful lifestyle:
- Your Possessions– Too many material possessions complicate our lives to a greater degree than we ever give them credit. They drain our bank account, our energy, and our attention. They keep us from the ones we love and from living a life based on our values. If you will invest the time to remove nonessential possessions from your life, you will never regret it.
- Your Time Commitments– Most of us have filled our days full from beginning to end with time commitments: work, home, kid’s activities, community events, religious endeavors, hobbies… the list goes on. When possible, release yourself from the time commitments that are not in line with your greatest values.
- Your Goals– Reduce the number of goals you are intentionally striving for in your life to one or two. By reducing the number of goals that you are striving to accomplish, you will improve your focus and your success rate. Make a list of the things that you want to accomplish in your life and choose the two most important. When you finish one, add another from your list.
- Your Negative Thoughts– Most negative emotions are completely useless. Resentment, bitterness, hate, and jealousy have never improved the quality of life for a single human being. Take responsibility for your mind. Forgive past hurts and replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
- Your Debt– If debt is holding you captive, reduce it. Start today. Do what you’ve got to do to get out from under its weight. Find the help that you need. Sacrifice luxury today to enjoy freedom tomorrow.
- Your Words– Use fewer words. Keep your speech plain and honest. Mean what you say. Avoid gossip.
- Your Artificial Ingredients– Avoid Trans fats, refined grain (white bread), high-fructose corn syrup, and too much sodium. Minimizing these ingredients will improve your energy level in the short-term and your health in the long-term. Also, as much as possible, reduce your consumption of over-the-counter medicine – allow your body to heal itself naturally as opposed to building a dependency on substances.
- Your Screen Time– Focusing your attention on television, movies, video games, and technology affects your life more than you think. Media rearranges your values. It begins to dominate your life. And it has a profound impact on your attitude and outlook. Unfortunately, when you live in that world on a consistent basis, you don’t even notice how it is impacting you. The only way to fully appreciate its influence in your life is to turn them off.
- Your Connections to the World –Relationships with others are good, but constant streams of distraction are bad. Learn when to power off the blackberry, log off Facebook, or not read a text. Focus on the important, not the urgent. A steady flow of distractions from other people may make us feel important, needed, or wanted, but feeling important and accomplishing importance are completely different things.
- Your Multi-Tasking –Research indicates that Simplify tasking increases stress and lowers productivity, while single-tasking is becoming a lost art, learn it. Handle one task at a time. Do it well, and when it is complete, move to the next.
I hope your found my personal experience and the rest of this article about Simplify interesting and useful in your personal life, follow my blog for more interesting articles and personal experiences for you, your children and family.